9.01.2017

currently...


Happy Friday! It's freaking hot out there, right?!? Summer is the worst. But at least we're looking at the end soon... Plus a three day weekend isn't too bad. Here's what I'm up to right now. 


Watching - I'm still trying to sneak in episodes of Supernatural when I get a chance during the day but honestly, more often than not, the TV doesn't even get turned on while Scarlett is at school. It's not a terrible thing. 

Reading - I'm reading Mirrored right now and I'm liking it. I feel like it may be a bit slow going but I honestly haven't been able to really focus on it and read as often as I'd like, so it's probably mostly my fault. 

Eating - Original flavor Baked Lays are amazing right now...

Anticipating - Labor Day weekend is almost here! We're heading back to the Bay on Sunday to see family and I'm so excited! My cousin is in town, too, so we get bonus family time! 

Wishing - We're smack dab in the middle of a serious heat wave over here and I'm DYING... If it could cool down like 35 degrees, that would be awesome. Thanks! 


Working On - Scarlett is in school for an hour longer this year than she was last year and I sure feel it. Being in the apartment all day by myself can be awesome, as I'm not usually in a super social mood. But it also gets pretty lonely. I need to look at joining a gym/class/club or getting a really chill part time job [Scarlett's school schedule can get wonky as holidays and minimum days come up] so I can meet some folks and hopefully find some daytime friends. Maybe... Honestly, I'm just as likely to just embrace the hermit-ness and stay in my apartment all day. We'll see what happens...

Loving - I'm so glad that we moved here. It sucks being so far from my family and the [generally] cooler weather of the Bay but Nick's paycheck stretches so much farther here and it's such a wonderful feeling to not be so stressed out all the time. Not constantly thinking about money gives my brain the chance to calm down a bit and really enjoy the time we have together. At least once every day I find myself just smiling and feeling extremely grateful for everything we have. It's awesome. 

I hope you have some amazing things planned for the three day weekend! Stay cool wherever you are and spend some time with your loved ones. I know I will! Happy Labor Day! 

love & cupcakes, 
elissa


No comments: