6.30.2017

currently...



Happy Friday! Another week of summer done. This one has been busy. We've had Great America time, haunted houses in Scarlett's room, lots of purging of books and magazines, pool time, playground play sessions with neighbor friends. I'm ready for a nap! Here's what I've been up to...

Reading - I just started The Island of Dr. Libris. It's by the same author that wrote the Mr. Lemoncello series. 

Watching - I started watching The Goldbergs while I was on the plane home from Finland and it's totally entertaining. I'm still in season one, but I can see me bingeing for quite a while on this one. 

Anticipating - We're moving! It's been such a crazy time round here but we have our move booked for the second week of July [so soon!] and we're heading almost two hours north to Sacramento! I'm excited about settling in to a new place, even though moving is the worst... Stay tuned for all kinds of new adventures in our new place! 

Listening To - Lately, all I've been able to really listen to is the sound of the girls playing rambunctiously in the next room. I can barely recall what the sound of silence is like. 

Working On - I'm still working on simplifying around here. I finally parted with a ton of my old books - it was hard, but not as hard as I thought it would be. I'm even downsizing my magazine collection. I'm only keeping Domino, ReadyMade, Jane, HGTV and Bust. I know that still sounds like a lot, but I actually have empty bookshelves which is something I haven't had since we've had bookshelves. Small victories! 

Enjoy your weekend! I hope you have something amazing planned! 

love & cupcakes, 
elissa


No comments: