2.03.2017

currently...



Hi there! I'm trying out the new Bloglovin' blog posting beta so we'll see how this goes! I'm posting on Blogger as well, just in case. This week has been pretty normal - lots of school runs, reading, cleaning up. The usual. I've ben trying to stay motivated in keeping the house clean but it's been a bit rough. Hopefully this next week will be more productive. Here's what I've been up to lately...
Reading - I'm a little over halfway through The Handmaid's Tale and I'm liking it so far. It's a bit of a tough read - the subject matter isn't the most uplifting - but it's still a good book. I have a stack of library books to get through in the next few weeks, so it looks like I'm going to have to carve out some serious reading time.
Watching - I'm still bingeing on Supernatural. I'm in season five now and things are getting crazy!
Anticipating - I'm having an embroidery get-together next weekend for Sublime Stitching's National Teach Embroidery Month and I'm super excited! We're going to learn a few basic stitches, decorate some tea towels and enjoy a crafty afternoon... Stay tuned for a post dedicated to craftiness!
Listening To - The girls are still completely obsessed with the Hamilton soundtrack - not that I mind at all. Scarlett is in love with all things Lin-Manuel Miranda. She has a major crush on him.
Eating - I just got some cauliflower in our bi-weekly farm box so I'm going to attempt to make some cauliflower pizza for dinner tonight. We'll see how it goes!
Working On - I've been following a minimalist mom group on Facebook and while I'm in no way ready to pare down to only a few things in the apartment, it has been motivating me to clear out the clutter a bit more. Scarlett and I went through her clothes the other day and literally half of them didn't even fit her anymore. her drawers and closet are so much nicer now that they've been purged. My closet is next!
Wishing - It would be so nice to be able to have a part-time job that would help us out a bit more financially. It's rough being a one income household, but it's probably harder to find a job that would accommodate my insane schedule. Someday...
What have you been up to this week? Anything amazing and new going on?
love & cupcakes,
elissa


No comments: