10.29.2016

a case of the sniffles...




Scarlett came home from school a few days ago with a bit of a cough. Not a big deal. She wasn't feeling sick or anything, but the cough progressed a bit and the other night she was having a really tough time falling [and staying] asleep because she kept coughing. I was laying down with her and trying to keep her comfortable when sure enough, she coughed right into my open eye. So gross. And once someone coughs in your eye, you're done for. Sickness caught. 

Cut to two days later, and I'm hiding out in our apartment for the day while Nick takes Scarlett to her gymnastics class [It's her first day in gym 2! Go Scarlett!] and lets me rest. I don't know about you, but generally, I feel like I'm in major need of a rest day. The day to day cleaning and running errands and watching the kids and following the schedule wears me down little by little until a day without a huge to do list sounds like a dream. But now that I have one, all I can do is think about all of the things around here that need to be done! I've already read about a quarter of the library book I just checked out, took a shower, did a few loads of laundry, washed the dishes, cleaned off the counter, made the bed, cleaned the bathroom sink, watched a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother and tidied up the living room. 

Being a grown up sucks. 

love & cupcakes, 
elissa


No comments: