9.12.2016

the start of fall...




I know most people celebrate the beginning of the year in January, but for me, I feel like all of my fresh starts and new beginnings happen in the fall. 

This morning, while I was walking Scarlett to school, I couldn't help but notice how crisp the air felt, how billowy the clouds were that were rolling on over the hills, how many leaves were already changing colors, and how it all worked together to make my crazy, not-so-great Monday morning so much better. 

When I got home, I felt motivated in a way that I never seem to during the warmer months. I opened all the windows and doors and let the cool breeze blow through the apartment. I did laundry, cleaned up around the apartment a little, watered all of my plants and even unpacked/purged a box of random stuff that has been sitting in our storage unit on our balcony for almost an entire year. 

There's something about the crispness of the air that energizes me. It's like a jolt of caffeine to my soul. 

And I love it! Welcome Fall! 

love & cupcakes, 
elissa


No comments: