9.30.2016

currently...



It's Fall! I'm sitting here in my apartment, full of coffee and a yummy bagel, listening to Spotify and enjoying the cool breeze blowing in from the front door - it's pretty awesome. Here's what I've been up to lately! 

Reading - I'm still slowly making my way through Of Neptune. I've been taking forever but I feel like next week I'll be able to catch up on my reading because... NICK IS GOING BACK TO WORK!! Like, he's leaving my apartment and going to work every day so I'll get my alone time back! Don't get me wrong - I adore spending time with him, but I'm not a huge fan of him working out of the living room and taking over my coffee table - as I'm sure you've noticed by now. But now that he'll be back at work during the week, I'll get my mommy mobile back and not have to drive the beater anymore! I get some alone time to listen to my questionable [but awesome] musical choices and I can do my housework without worrying that it'll just need to be done again in a few hours because Nick had lunch or whatever. I'm so happy! More reading time is on the horizon! 

Watching - We have HBO Now on our TV now and I've been catching up on Girls for the last week. I love to watch that show - it makes me appreciate that I grew up in the time I did and didn't have to deal with the drama these four girls deal with - at least not on the same scale. 

Anticipating - I'm super anticipating Nick's first day at work on Monday. I almost feel as excited as I did for Scarlett's first day of school! It's mostly a deep happiness that we have some security back in our lives and that Nick gets to get back to doing what he loves every day. It's a good thing. 

Listening To - Lately I've been listening to School Friends on Spotify. They have some new stuff coming out later in October, too. Check them out! 

Eating - I've been super blowing it with food and meal prep and groceries and all that stuff lately. I need to get back into it all and stop using white cheddar popcorn as a meal replacement. 

Working On - I'm working on getting the apartment settled again. I want to move some stuff around, update the photos on the walls and make it feel more homey and comfortable. It's an ongoing process. 

Wishing - Right now I'm wishing that the weather keeps on keeping on like it has... It's so gloriously breezy and cool and feeling like fall. I love it! 

How has your week been? Any awesome weekend plans? 

love & cupcakes, 
elissa



No comments: