8.01.2016

oh, august...



It's August! August is officially my least favorite month of the year - it always seems way too long, way too hot and there's never anything to look forward to during the entire month... It's a drag. But this month I have a few things to look forward to already! I have a girl's night sleepover with my two besties next weekend - and I miss being able to just crash out at either of their houses whenever I want to, so this is going to be a real treat. 

Scarlett starts kindergarten NEXT WEEK!!! How did that happen?!?! She's such a big kid now!! My "Scarlett Style" posts might become a bit less photo-filled because she has to wear a uniform to school and can't express herself with fashion as readily anymore. It's going to be quite an adjustment for us all. 

Nick has been working his butt off looking for an awesome new job. He's had phone screens and onsite interviews, countless emails have been sent and received and a bunch of video cover letters have been created. But this is the month that he gets his dream job - I'm sure of it. And I can't wait to see what's in store for our little family! 

So, I'm not going to let August get me down this year. And at least we're that much closer to the end of summer already, right?? Autumn, here we come! 

love & cupcakes, 
elissa


No comments: