8.12.2016

currently...



Happy Friday! Scarlett started school yesterday and she's loving it! Today is her second day and it's the first chance I've had to be alone in a quiet apartment and I'M LOVING IT! I could get used to this... Here's what I'm up to. 

Reading - I'm reading Winter right now - it's taking me a while to get into it, but now that I have a few hours of quiet to look forward to every once in a while, I should be able to read a bit more. 

Watching - I've been bingeing on Private Practice recently. It's got enough Grey's Anatomy drama but not as much emotionally draining tearjerker moments. It's a nice balance. 

Anticipating - Scarlett's first week of school is all minimum days so she gets out before lunch starts but halfway through next week, she gets to eat lunch at school for the first time! I'm kind of excited to make her a little sandwich and pack up her yummies! 

Listening To - I just started listening to a podcast called "Myths and Legends" and I'm liking it so far. I love those kinds of stories... 

Eating - I've really been slacking on meal planning lately. It's tough to get excited about meals together when I feel like we're around each other all day long to the point of starting to take each other for granted. I really need to make mealtime something to look forward to again - it's something I'm going to try to work on this week. 

Working On - In addition to working on better meal planning, I'd like to start really purging and organizing the apartment. Our lease is up in a little over two months and that's really not a lot of time in terms of packing and moving. The less we have to pack, the better. 

Wishing - I'm still wishing for our lives to have a more clear path right now. I know that everything is going to work out wonderfully with Nick finding the perfect job and Scarlett being happy at school and our finances being stable again, but the waiting is killing me. If things could be settle down now, that would be awesome. 

I hope your week has been filled with awesomeness! What have you been up to?

love & cupcakes, 
elissa



No comments: