7.15.2016

currently...



Here we are - facing the end of another week. This one has been a bit rougher than I would've liked. The heat is making me cranky and impatient. The house feels like it's in a state of constant disarray. Nick didn't end up getting the job he flew to Seattle to interview for [although I'm sure something amazing is just around the corner for him] and the anxiety and stress I've been feeling has been reaching peak levels each and every day. But even though times are stressful and crazy and uncertain for us right now, I have faith that everything is going to work out the way it's supposed to. The best way possible. I just have to keep my stress and anxiety in check and ride the wave until we hit the glorious sandy beach... Here's what I've been up to lately.

Reading - I just started Cress by Marissa Meyer and so far it's really enjoyable. I like Cress a lot even though I'm still just a few chapters in. More to come! 

Watching - Nick has been working on job applications and stuff from home so the TV has been on in the background a lot lately. I haven't really been watching anything, but it's pretty nice to hear Dr. Who at all hours of the day. The theme song always makes me smile. 

Anticipating - Next week the girls are all going to vacation bible school at my sister's church so it will be awesome to have a few hours "off" each morning while they have a blast at VBS. I was thinking about walking around the lake like I did last year, but it's just as likely I'll end up at Starbucks with my nose buried on a book while my coffee gets cold... Both options sound absolutely heavenly!

Listening To - I just found this playlist on Spotify and it's pretty awesome for unwinding at the end of the day. It has some familiar stuff on it as well as some tracks/artists that I've never heard before. 


Eating - I've become completely obsessed with pineapple again recently. Every few months I get a serious hankering for some pineapple and I end up eating so much of it that my poor mouth gets all angry. But I'm good so far, so I'll take my chances. 

Working On - I'm trying to think of fun things that the girls can do each day that don't require a lot of money or effort. Going to the amusement park is always fun, but it's exhausting and ultimately ends up costing a bunch of money - even if it's only in gas. I let them each choose their own composition book and each day I'm going to give them a creative writing prompt. Yesterday was the first day and the prompt was "What would happen is kids ruled the world?" Their answers were mostly about how parents would be servants [as if that's not already too close to the truth for comfort!]. They each wrote in their response and then drew a picture to go with it. They had a blast thinking up their answer and can't wait for the next one. 

Wishing - Right now I'm wishing for a bit more certainty in our situation. Job hunting is crazy stressful and exhausting. I can't wait until things get back to normal around here. Hopefully soon!

I hope your week has been awesome and full of fun summertime stuff. What are you up to?

love & cupcakes, 
elissa


No comments: