2.25.2016

tomorrow...



Tomorrow is my 36th birthday. I know, right?! How did I get to 36 without even realizing it?? We're spending this afternoon by the pool, tolerating the late February sunshine and unfortunate warmth. Scarlett is jumping all around in the water and splashing water everywhere and generally enjoying herself thoroughly. 

I honestly never saw myself here - a stay at home mom of a five year old who loves spending most of her time either underwater or jumping in the air. But I really like spending my days surrounded by kids toys and laundry to be washed/dried/folded/put away. Doing dishes and making dinners. Vacuuming and sneaking in some guilty pleasure Netflix or reading time if I get the chance. 

And I love it. 

But I'm also wondering what's next. Scarlett starts kindergarten this fall (insert shocked emoji here) and I feel like my whole day to day routine is going to be thrown up in the air. There's only so many chores to be done while she's at school. And I kind of want to interact more with adults again - and not just in the usual way where we're constantly being interrupted by kids. 

Maybe I'll take some classes, learn something new...? I'd love to take an art class and learn to draw something beyond a stick figure. Or a pottery class - I'm always down for more coffee mugs! 

What are you looking forward to tomorrow? Anything special? 

love & cupcakes, 
elissa


No comments: