1.05.2016

clean slate...



Is anyone else wrestling with the whole "new year, new outlook" conundrum that seems to resurface each and every new year? I feel compelled to reorganize and clean and get everything cleaned up and perfect, but I also just want to snuggle up on the couch and binge watch The Vampire Diaries on Netflix while it's raining outside. It's like spring cleaning urges without the spring. 

So, what to do? 

I've cleared all of the ornaments and lights off of our Christmas tree and it's ready to be taken downstairs and disposed of. I'm slowly taking down all of the random Christmas holiday decor and accoutrements and storing them away for next year and I'm thinking ahead to Valentine's Day [my favorite!] and my birthday which are coming up in less than two months. 

I have lofty goals of color coordinating my bookshelves and purging Scarlett's room so we can make room for all of her new awesome birthday and Christmas toys. I'd also like to finally finish unpacking all of the boxes we still have in our storage spaces on our balcony so we can use the space for only the things we really want to keep forever. 

Also, I only have a little over a season and a half of Vampire Diaries left to go, so it's probably best to just knock the binge watching out while the weather is still cooperating, right? Priorities... 

love & cupcakes, 
elissa


No comments: