12.06.2015

sometimes your cake falls apart...

Friday was baking day around here. I had a birthday cake to make, as well as a bunch of cupcakes, cookies and brownies - all before the birthday party on Saturday for Miss Scarlett. 

The birthday cake came out beautifully and I let it cool on the counter while I took a super quick shower. 

And that's all the time it took...




Scarlett "tested" her birthday cake. Like, the ENTIRE top tier. It's completely hollow inside. I kind of lost my mind. 


But then I calmed down, put the destroyed layer on another plate and got to baking some more. Her cute little two tier personal cake turned into a neon three layer mammoth!


We ended up with a ton of cake and a bunch of super bright neon cupcakes - and sugar highs for everyone! 



love & cupcakes,
elissa




No comments: