10.09.2015

currently...


Scarlett totally fell asleep while eating her dinner the other night. She plays hard!


This week has been a lot of hurry up and wait. We're supposed to get the key for our new apartment tomorrow, but we may or may not be around to pick it up. The actual moving in will probably begin sometime mid-next week. Of course we chose a third story walk up [well, I kind of insisted - I miss being able to sleep with the windows open and not have to wear pants all the time!] so moving our stuff in is going to be a serious leg work out. But I have what I think is a perfect plan to knock out the moving without having to live in a home filled with boxes for six months - like I did last time. Fingers crossed it all works out! 

Here's what I've been up to this week...


Reading - I'm still slowly working through the Mysterious Benedict Society but I just got not one, but TWO hold desk notices from my library letting me know that I have two books waiting for me to pick up. I need to get more reading done!! 

Watching - I finally finished all of the available seasons of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix so now I can watch the current season on Hulu! I've been slowly working my way through all the episodes since before Scarlett was even born and I was on maternity leave. I feel like I just checked something huge off of my to-do list. 

Anticipating - The big move! I'm excited to move in and start settling back into a regular routine. I'm probably most excited about getting my kitchen back! I can't wait to try out some new recipes. 

Listening To - Scarlett has been really into listening to Monster High songs on Spotify lately. Luckily the songs are pretty catchy. 

Eating - I've been trying to avoid buying new groceries until we work our way through the stuff we already have, so dinners around here have been a bit interesting lately. Moving food from one home to another has never been a fun thing for me to do, so getting creative now will save us some transporting later. That said, we've been eating a lot of rice bowls and pasta and using things like frozen chicken nuggets and garlic olive oil [not together!] to spice them up. 

Working On - I'm trying to stay sane while we hammer out all of the details for moving and drain our bank account completely in order to do it. Moving sucks - and is so expensive! But I'm confident that once we're moved in, the novelty of living in a new place will keep us occupied for a while while our bank account tries to recover a bit from the major hit of moving. 

Wishing - I'm really hoping that a mini-vacation we've been semi-planning will happen this weekend. It's probably not the wisest choice since we're looking at moving as soon as we would get back, but I think some fun family time will be a great motivator for us once we get back and start hauling furniture and boxes up three floors over and over and over... We're going to need some fun memories to pull from while we're sweating and swearing. 

Change is in the air around here! I'll keep you all posted on our new space and how we adjust to it... What are you up to?

love & cupcakes, 
elissa



No comments: