6.11.2015

a run through the parking lot...


[A grainy shot from my walk/jog home last night]

Earlier today Scarlett and I had to stop by the grocery store for some milk and as we left the store Scarlett asked me to run to the car while pushing the cart. This was surprising for two reasons. One - Nick is the parking lot runner. He loves to run while pushing the cart with Scarlett in it, making her shriek and laugh like crazy. Not me. I'm the one walking behind them, worrying the entire time about them crashing into something/someone else or even worse - someone crashing into them. And second - I actually did it. I ran while pushing the cart. All the way from the front of the store to the middle of the parking lot where we'd parked the car. I started to go and my legs just picked right up and carried us all the way to the car without complaint. 

A month ago, that wouldn't have happened. I would've told Scarlett that I didn't want to run and we would've walked the entire way without that burst of spontaneous fun. I credit the fact that I've been doing the weekly walk/run with Jamie downtown with giving me the ability [and desire!] to do a quick run and also that I haven't let a day go by in a while where I haven't gotten pretty sweaty, either from a workout video or from hitting the gym for a while. 

I haven't seen many changes yet [besides being constantly sore to some degree] but I'm sure they're coming. And my legs are already feeling crazy stronger. 

It's pretty nice. 

love & cupcakes, 
elissa


1 comment:

Jamie said...

best. post. ever.

I am so proud of you and all of your recent accomplishments.