5.22.2015

currently...


This week has been a pretty mellow one. Lots of thinking, lots of planning... Here's what I'm up to!

Reading - I'm working on The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. I know I said that I would never read anything by her again [her books absolutely KILL me and make me cry all the tears] but I've heard only good things about this book and I can see why. So far I'm really enjoying it and have only cried once. Progress! 

Watching - We've been on a serious Friends binge lately. Every night before we go to sleep, we watch at least three episodes. Thank goodness they're on Netflix now. 

Anticipating - We have a Disneyland trip coming up in a few weeks that Scarlett is super excited for. And after Disneyland, we're heading right to Temecula to visit with family while Nick goes to E3 in LA for a few days. It's going to be a super busy week!

Listening To - Lots of the Patsy Cline station on Pandora. Always a good one. 

Eating - I've been trying to eat more whole foods and less snacky things so I've been stocking up on veggies to use in the Veggetti, plus a bunch of fruit that I can just grab when I'm feeling hungry. So far, so good. 

Working On - Our lease for our apartment is up in a few months so we've been trying to decide what our next move is going to be. Looking for apartments in the Bay Area is exhausting and super depressing - it's beyond expensive around here. But looking farther away makes me a little sad about the prospect of leaving friends and family behind. We'll figure it out - hopefully soon!

Wishing - Lately I've been wishing for a few hours of alone time for myself - but it's a double edged sward because if I get the chance to have some time to myself, I don't want to give up time with my family to get it. I want both time to be alone, but also time with Nick and Scarlett. Mom life - blargh! 

I hope your week is awesome! What are you up to?

love & cupcakes, 
elissa


No comments: