3.16.2014

rockstar moms

This week's Rockstar Mom is Christina! 


Name - Christina Rogge Occupation - Medical Records Clerk - Santa Rita Jail Blog or website link, if any [Instagram or Twitter works, too] - None, way too busy with life. Kids names and ages - Matthew James (5), Emily Anne-Marie (3)
Where do you call home? San Leandro What does a normal day look like for you? Up at 2:30am Work from 4am - 12:30pm Pick up Emily at 1pm from the baby sitters Pick up Matthew at 1:45pm from school Come home fix lunch or snack 2:30pm Put the kids down for a nap & start the house work (i.e. Cleaning, dishes, laundry). Every once in a while I get to take a nap too! 4pm Spend time just the kids & I...coloring, reading, playing a game or even cuddling watching a movie. 5:30pm Wait for the husband to get home from work so we can fix dinner. 6pm - 8 Family time 8pm Pajama time for the kids with 30 min of relax time. 8:30 Bed time for Matthew & Emily 8:30 to 9:30 Mommy & Daddy spend time together 9:30 to 10 Mommy reading time 10 to 10:30 Time for this mama to go to sleep. *With a little bit of craziness thrown in of Dance for Emily once a week & Baseball for Matthew three days a week. lol What is your favorite thing to do with your child[ren]? Besides spending quality time with them? lol...Don't laugh....singing in the car at the top of our lungs to disney songs & dance crazy. Advice you wish you'd followed when you first became a mom - In all honesty the only advice I got when I became a mom was to sleep when the baby sleeps & pump, pump, pump. Which I did but now that the kids are older.....I'm really just doing what my heart tells me to do. Imagine you have an entire child-free day - What would you do with yourself? First I would take a leisurely stroll in a park & just enjoy the sound of nature. Treat myself to a nice restaurant then off to see a movie. After that I would go get a pedicure & a manicure. Any advice for new moms out there? Spend as much time with your kids as you can because in the blink of an eye they are a year older & whatever you do......LISTEN to them. I don't mean with just your ears either. Open you eyes, your heart & your mind to everything they have to offer because they are truly amazing.


Thank you so much Christina! 

love & cupcakes, 
elissa



No comments: