3.09.2014

rockstar moms

This week's Rockstar Mom is Tawnya! 


Name - Tawnya Latona (soon to be Lerma =)) Occupation - Stay at home mom. Blog or website link, if any [Instagram or Twitter works, too] - I don't have any lol. Once Kaelynn was born it all kind of stopped. Kids names and ages - Michael-13, Miles (step-son) -10, Damien- 6 and Kaelynn- 4 1/2 months Where do you call home? Anywhere we are with family. What does a normal day look like for you? Up anywhere from 7-8am, kids are off to school. Play with Kaelynn until nap time. Usually this is my rest time since she will not nap unless being held lol. Attempt to clean in between entertaining a 4 month old. 1:15pm pick up 6 yr old. Make snack and start the ever so time consuming and patience needing homework packet. Make dinner around 6pm then the evening is playing, baths and bedtime. Usually I'm in bed around 11pm. All of this and still breastfeeding ( not always a simple task). I'm usually up during the night, as you know mothers never stop working. What is your favorite thing to do with your child[ren]? I love to cuddle and play with all of my children. Love talking with my oldest. Advice you wish you'd followed when you first became a mom - Accept help. I also worried about the things that needed to be done around the house I stead of letting it go. Imagine you have an entire child-free day - What would you do with yourself? I'm not really sure lol. Maybe a pedicure and then I might go crazy from not knowing what to do. I think my mind is trained to always be doing something. Oh and probably be thinking of my children all day! Any advice for new moms out there? Trust your mommy instincts in every aspect. In the hard times, remind yourself it won't last long and in the best moments soak it up. There is no right or wrong when it comes to your child. Every mommy and baby is different.


Thank you so much for sharing with us Tawnya! 

love & cupcakes, 
elissa



No comments: