5.21.2013

Weekend Recap [or How My Weekend Turned Out Completely Differently Than Planned]




I never made it to the ocean this weekend. 
Nor did I get to see the new Star Trek movie. 
There were no Red Vines and popcorn, no ocean breezes and sandy strolls. 
My weekend turned out completely differently than I had planned it. 

And it was amazing.


Nick was able to get us tickets for BFD on Sunday. And not just any tickets - ALL ACCESS ARTIST BADGES!!! We were able to stand on the wings backstage to watch STP and Of Monsters and Men perform, we sat in the VIP bar and had a beer, we snagged a water from Jimmy Eat World's table outside their trailer - I even used the bands' porta-potty! We had such a great time. And I totally forgot how much I liked 30 Seconds to Mars! Their set was awesome and we didn't even get to stay for all of it! 

Our view from backstage.

Of Monsters and Men - both onstage and blocking our view backstage. 



STP with Chester from Linkin Park - I was pretty impressed! 


30 Seconds to Mars were fantastic!! I loved their set! 

I'm so glad we were able to see the end of Jimmy Eat World's set - Parking was a nightmare so we skipped the lot and walked over a mile to get to the show. Totally worth it! 


Nick, enjoying the perks of an all access pass - water!

Yep, that's Jim Adkins from Jimmy Eat World behind Nick. I just couldn't bring myself to nerd out and ask for a picture with him. So I just snuck one in over Nick's shoulder. 

Nick and the one and only Mr. Steve Masters! This guy is amazing.


Nerds in the seventh row!


Oh, hello Jared Leto. 
*swoon*


Nick even got a few minutes of 30 Seconds to Mars on film. They were so good. 

I forgot how much fun going to a show with Nick can be. It's been quite a while! We need to do this more often. Especially if there are backstage passes involved!

Until next time... ♥


love & cupcakes, 
elissa


No comments: