5.24.2013

currently...

Mommy's Little Monster used to be such a tiny little thing!


It's almost Memorial Day Weekend! Woo hoo! I love three day weekends - life is always more fun when Daddy gets to stay home! 

Here's what I'm currently up to...

Reading -- I'm reading "If You Find Me" by Emily Murdoch
right now and I really like it so far! 

Watching -- I'm so excited for Sunday so we can watch the new season of Arrested Development on Netflix! Eeep! 

Anticipating -- This glorious long weekend. Hopefully we can get a few projects done around the house [hanging Scarlett's blinds, covering Nick's office window, etc] but mostly I just want to hang out with Nick and Scarlett and have mellow downtime. That's my favorite. Especially after last weekend's craziness!

Listening To -- A ton of Thirty Seconds to Mars. I'm completely hooked. 

Eating -- Breakfast sandwiches! My friend Cassandra blogged her homemade breakfast sandwich recipe and I adapted it for our family. I use one egg, a dash of milk and pepper, some turkey bacon and gouda cheese on extra crispy english muffins. I love them! So quick and easy to pop in the microwave on mornings when we go with Nick to the Bay. And much cheaper than grabbing a sandwich on the way!

Working On -- I really want to start having "school-time" with Scarlett each day. Carve out a little corner of the house where she can practice her coloring, counting and reading. She can already count up to fifteen by herself [if she feels like it!] and loves to color, but it always becomes such a mess in the kitchen and living room. She needs her own creative space. 

Wishing -- For more three day weekends! There should totally be at least one a month, right??

What do you have planned for your weekend? Anything fun?

love & cupcakes, 
elissa


These posts are inspired by Danielle's weekly "Currently" posts. Check them out!

No comments: