2.18.2013

Book Review - Night Road




I read this book for my very first book club meeting and I loved it! It was such fun to talk about a book with other fun ladies and to hear their opinions and ideas. I can't wait until the next one!

This book had me up super late into the night reading - I couldn't put it down. It really hit me hard and I found myself sobbing at points. It's the story of Jude, her twins, Mia and Zach, and their close friend, Alexa. Alexa comes from the "wrong side of the tracks" and finds a home in a small town outside of Seattle with her  great aunt, making friends with Mia and becoming like a member of the family. Then one summer night, an accident changes the course of everyone's lives forever. 

As a mother, this book had me up and down all over the place. I could relate to some things and got furiously mad at other things. I even had to get up at one point in the middle of the night just to check on Scarlett and tell her that I loved her. 

This book was amazing and I highly recommend it. 

love & cupcakes, 
elissa ♥



No comments: