11.24.2009

"up..."



Can I just say, "Wow..."

I can absolutely, positively NEVER EVER AGAIN see the movie "Up!" I may quite possibly die from dehydration.

We went to my parents' house last night and after having some super yummy wine and going through boxes of old family stuff, my mom thought it would be a good idea for us to watch "Up" since neither my husband nor I had seen it yet. So we settled in on the couch, wineglass in hand, and started the movie.

I lasted about 5 minutes.

I seriously CANNOT handle lonely old men. They absolutely kill me! My heart breaks from the moment I see one. I used to wait tables at Marie Callender's and we were right next to an elderly care home. These two little older gentlemen would always come in for lunch and sit in my section and after serving them a few times, I had to start giving away their table to other servers just because I couldn't stand to tear myself away from their side. I wanted to comp their food and bring them pie and sit with them while they told stories.

I'm a sucker for old folks. Especially the dudes.

For some reason, I've never been inclined to feel like I need to take care of older ladies. Maybe it's because the women in my family have always been such strong people, but for some reason, I'm way more likely to feel heartbroken by grandpas that are by themselves.

And this movie was a killer for someone like me.

Never again. Seriously.

[But it was sooooo good!]





No comments: