Last Wednesday was our third wedding anniversary - traditionally the "leather" year. We don't tend to give each other gifts for our anniversaries, though - just cards and maybe flowers and this year was no different.
We spent the day at the cake shop and then the pumpkin patch!
It had rained like the dickens the day before, so the HUUUUGE patch down the road from this one was closed for the day, so we stopped off at a smaller, but totally cute, family farm stand that had a little patch set up right next to it.
And they had the cutest little pumpkins! I get way too attached to all the pumpkins when we're out shopping for them [same thing happens at Christmas with all the little trees!] so I finally had to just tell Nick to pick mine out for me. He made some rad choices, too.....
They even had some super yummy homemade corn nuts! They were soooo good! Nick got the spicy hot pepper ones [too hot for my wussy mouth!] and I got the BBQ flavored ones. So yum! And they didn't practically break my teeth off when I ate them - still really crunchy, but not so hard they lose almost all the flavor.
Then we went home and Nick made the best crab for dinner!
And he brought me roses and the cutest card...
Here's to three more years! [And a million more after that!]
PS: Pictures of our cake shop finds to come!
- Nick’s Cupcake - Yellow cake with chocolate buttercream & multi-colored sprinkles
- Spotted - Yellow Chocolate Chip cake with chocolate buttercream & chocolate chip sprinkles
- Suerte - Confetti cake with cream cheese frosting & multi-colored sprinkles
- Pinkie Pie - Strawberry cake with buttercream frosting & pink sprinkles
- Torrid - Devil’s Food cake with buttercream frosting & red sprinkles
- Miss Popularity - Red Velvet cake with cream cheese frosting & red sprinkles
- Sapphire - White cake with buttercream frosting & blue sprinkles
- Sunny - Chocolate cake, buttercream & yellow sprinkles
- Zing - Yellow cake, buttercream frosting & purple sprinkles
- Cindy Lou - Carrot cake, cream cheese frosting & & orange sprinkles
- Death by Chocolate – Chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, chocolate coat & chocolate sprinkles
- Suerte – Confetti cake, cream cheese frosting, vanilla coat & multi-colored sprinkles
- Pink Pop – Strawberry cake, cream cheese frosting, vanilla coat & pink sprinkles
- Cindy Lou - Carrot cake, cream cheese frosting, vanilla coat & orange sprinkles
- S’mores – Chocolate cake, marshmallow buttercream and graham cracker sprinkles
- Chocolate S’mores – Chocolate cake, marshmallow filling, chocolate buttercream and graham cracker sprinkles
- Cotton Candy – Strawberry cake, cotton candy buttercream and sugar sprinkles
- Death By Chocolate – Devil’s Food cake, chocolate buttercream, chocolate chip sprinkles
- Chocolate Salted Caramel – Chocolate cake with a caramel center, dark chocolate buttercream, sea salt sprinkles
- Snowball – Chocolate cake, marshmallow buttercream, topped with sweet coconut.
- The Caffeinated Cupcake – Devil’s Food cake, espresso buttercream, topped with a chocolate covered coffee bean
- Trick or Treat – Devil’s Food cake with a candy bar center, vanilla buttercream, topped with orange sprinkles
What do you think???