9.16.2009

office birthday love...

So, I've un-officially become my departments "official" birthday sweets maker. Which suits me just fine as I love to tinker around in the kitchen and try new things with my baking. It's been birthday season like crazy around here lately, so in the interest of clearing folders off of my computer at work, I thought I would share some of the random I've made lately...


First up: Andrea's Man-Cake
A HUGE chocolate cupcake with pink vanilla buttercream topped with hot boys!
Brad on one side...
And Johnny on the other!
Yum!

Next up: Karen's Sushi Cakes!
Strawberry cupcakes topped with vanilla buttercream, a mess of white sprinkles and some Swedish fish!
The mini-cupcakes...
The regular sized cupcakes....
And the freaking impossible to find, drive 25 miles out of town, ever elusive all white sprinkles!

Next up: Elizabeth's Pink Bird Cake
Strawberry cake with pink vanilla buttercream frosting topped with vanilla candy melt birds with edible gold dust wings, blossoms and a dark chocolate branch.
It doesn't look too terrible in the picture, but trust me - it was a mess! I should've just let it be and not tinted the frosting pink, but I'm always trying to go that extra step.... Yuck. At least it tasted really good!

And the last one for today: Sandra's Favorite Things Cupcakes
French vanilla cupcakes, vanilla buttercream topped with edible gold dust and toothpick toppers with pictures of all of her favorite things on them....


At the rate we have birthdays around here, there are sure to be more postings like this in the future...





2 comments:

classy broad said...

you have one of those huge cupcake pans? neat! :)
does that mean you're making treats for saturday...? <3

*xo...

elissa said...

the huge pan is awesome, but it makes for some messy looking cakes.... but they're yummy!

i will totally make you treats if you want! what do you want? cupcakes? mini cupcakes? a huge awkward looking cupcake cake??? what flavor? =]