5.11.2009

more than a feeling... ♥

So, my husband Nick is a video game reviewer who - for his job - needs to play video games at a near constant rate. I'm used to hearing random explosions and gunfire throughout the house and have been known to fall asleep to the tune of various Beautiful Katamari levels.

But it wasn't until recently that I realized the effect that hearing all of these random games has had on me. Whenever I hear a song that is featured on any of the Guitar Hero or Rock Band games, I wait for the inevitable whammy bar twang or virtual crowd to cheer.

"More Than a Feeling" by Boston will never be the same. Neither will "Last Child" by Aerosmith. And I'm not sure how sad that makes me... But I'm sure it's sad overall.









1 comment:

Kat said...

I do think though that guitar hero and rock band have extended the life of great music, though I must agree with you about how it has altered the way you hear it.